2.05.2010

darvin jones.

I stumbled upon local artist, Darvin Jones' work the other day while visiting Viva Day Spa, another go-to, here in Austin. His pieces have an organic feel combined with a geometrical influence. My personal favorite series of his are called eco-art. At first glance, Darvin's canvas play with your eye. Constructed from wood, Darvin is able to create a three-dimensional plane that gives his work a modern yet simplistic touch. Oh, did I mention that eco-art is living art and completely sustainable? According to Jones himself, "the use of organic materials brings living matter to the work, which grows, evolves and dies over time giving the work a temporal dimension." Now how cool is that?




photos by darvin jones



 The approach for his canvases remind me of Maya Lin's landscape installations- so beautiful.

 
click here for more info. maya lin


p.s. I'd like to give a shout-out to my dear lady friend Ingrid... She turned 21 today! Happy Birthday Iggy!

1 comment:

  1. i love you!!! and i also really like my mystical neclace

    ReplyDelete