2.06.2010

JBM + Sondre Lerche Show

Wednesday night, I went to The Parish to see JBM + Sondre Lerche perform and  man was it a good show. JBM opened for Lerche and sang a couple of songs from his album Not Even in July. JBM who consist of one band member, Jesse himself, sounds like a mix between Bon Iver and Ryan Adams. His performance was short and sweet but nevertheless, fantastic. I love his voice and the combination of instruments he used during his show. Oh, and how could I forget, Jesse is incredibly handsome (swoon) and his style is impeccable.. that perfect combination of grundgey+lumberjack+novelist... perfection.

I also had the pleasure of meeting miss Krista De La Rosa from San Antonio. An avid fan like me, Krista drives down to Austin for shows and drives back to San Antonio the same night! She was snapping away with her DSLR all night and took some incredible photos of the Sondre & Jesse. Check them out on her way-cool blog, krista and the whale

As for Sondre, he was equally as awesome. He has such a quirky, easy going personality. His sound is really unique and his talent is evident in his sensational guitar playing. My Dad would of loved his teal-turquoise Gretsch guitar.. 

I'm charging my camera as we speak so pictures will be posted soon! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment