2.07.2010

a lovely saturday

Yesterday I spent the majority of my saturday at Barnes and Nobles (one of my favorite past times..) and snagged some amazing books. Oh how I love the Bargain section... Here are a few I picked up..


Matisse by John Jacobus

Frank Lloyd Wright by Taschen

Ideas that Changed the World by Felipe Fernandez Armesto 






















The Impressionists + Modern Architecture + The Surrealists 
by Diana Newall 
This series called "Art in Detail" dissects and examines the style and technique of each movement. These books have various peep holes, if you will, that invite you in to study each Pièce de résistance. It's a really awesome concept that enables you to have a better understanding of the works included. Here's an example of what the pages looks like:
pretty awesome huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment